1. Create a profile. Identify.
Create a profile. Furthermore, on the homepage you will find other "requests for help" as well as"offers of help". Depending on your needs, click on the desired profile.
2. Locate contact persons.
You will find a contact person behind each stored profile. The corresponding contact details, usually telephone and e-mail, are stored here.
3. Get in touch.
Contact the desired contact person. Either by e-mail or telephone. When contacting via e-mail, we advise English and Ukrainian – use common translation tools for this. When contacting by phone, we advise to involve people with appropriate language skills (preferably Ukrainian). In our experience, these do not have to be professional language mediators. In most cases, you will find an uncomplicated and quick solution in an honorary capacity.
4. Identify needs. Performance possibilities.
Exchange ideas – what do you need or how can you support? In particular, the following seems advisable at the moment:
- Aid deliveries (food, etc.)
- Knowledge transfer
- Support for reconstruction measures
For aid deliveries, you should exchange information about the required materials in advance – a list of the required goods should be exchanged.
5. Take action.
After you have agreed on appropriate support – take action! Using the example of aid transports, this would be the following from the supporter's point of view:
- Ask your local carriers for assistance.
- Collect (through donations) / Buy the appropriate relief supplies.
- Organize the transport:
- Arrange a transfer location to one of the borders (the Ukrainian partner will pick you up).
- Find a non-governmental organization (NGO) to assist you with transportation.
- Alternatively, various freight forwarders close to the border will continue to supply directly to Ukraine (with Ukrainian drivers).
We bring everyone involved together
Help Now!Register now for free
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Join forces with your neighbouring municipalities, even if they are not yet registered with cities4cities.eu – you may be able to do it together!
- Ask common aid organizations for support.
- Help in other ways. Get in touch for, for example, a partnership and offer your support for reconstruction measures.
- Ask for help with firstname.lastname@example.org