Municipal partnerships with Ukraine
Municipal partnership is a great tool for experience exchange, capacity building and bringing innovation to local level. Developing partnerships with Ukrainian municipalities is also a contribution to rebuilding Ukraine after the Russian unprovoked war and bringing forward its European integration.
Ukrainian municipalities and local authorities showed enormous bravery and resilience. Their rapid decision making and crisis management skills and ability to arrange territorial and civil defense in times of war is what fascinates and earns respect of many.
Following the decentralization reform,1469 Ukrainian municipalities have grown into self-sufficient and powerful actors and developed a great experience in areas like digital services, education, energy efficiency, civic participation, and not only. Therefore, cooperation with Ukrainian municipalities is both inspiring and mutually beneficial.
Today, more than 40 municipalities from Sweden, Germany, Poland and France have already started a long-term cooperation with Ukrainian municipalities with assistance of Cities 4 Cities | United 4 Ukraine initiative. We can help your municipality to start a long-term cooperation with Ukraine and help at every step of partnership development:
- Get to know about Ukrainian municipalities open for cooperation. Discover municipalities profiles with convenient filters or use the map.
- Choose the potential partner to suit your needs and expectations. Receive individual consultation from our experts.
- Establish the first contact via online meetings. Receive support in interpretation if needed.
- Participate in our networking forums in different countries. Follow our forthcoming events.
- Receive support in formalizing relations. Receive support in drafting a memorandum of cooperation.
- Receive useful information about best practices and opportunities. Subscribe to our newsletter.
We also provide additional opportunities to support the development partnerships on an open call basis. Explore other projects which could be a good start for developing cooperation: