Rokytne Territorial Community
The Rokytne settlement territorial community is located on the territory of the Sarna district of the Rivne region.
Population of the community: 39,370 people.
The urban population: 9,100,
The rural population: 30,270.
There are also 1,938 internally displaced persons in the community.
The total area of the community is 1590.6 km2.
The community includes 25 population centres: the settlement of Rokytne, which is its administrative centre, the settlement of Tomashgorod and 23 villages.
The community includes 2 settlement councils and 9 village councils. The largest neighbourhood in the Rivne region in terms of floor area, the Rokytne settlement territorial community has great resource potential.
There are architectural monuments on the territory of the Rokytne territorial community, the most famous of which being the Church of the Intercession of the Holy Mother of God in Kysorychi, the Holy Ascension Church in Snovydovychi, and the Church of the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God in the settlement of Rokytne.
Economy and Welfare
Forest resources of the community are sufficient to ensure the development of the woodworking industry, as well as tourist and recreational sectors. There are 4 mining companies and 1 glass production enterprise working in the community. Amber deposits are currently not exploited.
Of the two explored deposits of quartz sand suitable for the production of glass, the “Rokytne Glass Plant” is developing only one – the Rokytne deposit. During further exploration, the resources of raw materials for the production of glass can be doubled due to the discovery and development of new promising deposits.
Community and War
Since the beginning of the war, about 2,000 internally displaced persons have been living on the territory of the Rokytne community. Thanks to the coordinated cooperation of the authorities, people, and volunteers, the potential of the community is directed to the support of internally displaced persons, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, and people who need help.
Most residents of the community are constantly involved in the collection of products and necessary things for the frontline and cities and villages of Ukraine freed from occupation. Charity events are constantly organized in the community, where funds are collected to support the military. From the first day of the war, the volunteers of the Rokytne community created two charitable bakeries, which provide the military, internally displaced persons and all those in need with bakery products to this day.
People of the Community
Rokytne Settlement Head Hryhoriy Tarhonskyi was elected Head of the community in October 2020.
During the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, many residents of the Rokytne territorial community joint their efforts for the future victory over the enemy. Their activities included the collection of funds for the purchase of cars, ammunition and equipment for the military, assistance to internally displaced persons, organization and delivery of food, clothing, and necessary items to cities and villages that were under Russian occupation for a long time.
The labour force from the Rokytne neighbourhood rebuilt the destroyed buildings in Nova Basan and Novyi Bykov in the Chernihiv region – the population centres that were under occupation for over a month.
Volodymyr Brychka, a well-known volunteer from the community, organized multiple deliveries of charitable aid to the east of Ukraine for the military and civilians.
The Rokytne settlement territorial community sees itself in a long-term perspective as an attractive tourist region with a developed social infrastructure, advanced energy-efficient economy and infrastructure, successful small and medium-sized businesses, well-developed rural tourism, and satisfied and wealthy residents.
The following work is planned as part of the priority areas of activity and tasks:
- Introduction of separate garbage collection system in order to improve the environmental safety of the Rokytne settlement territorial community.
- Creation of infrastructure for household waste management and conclusion of contracts for the provision of solid waste collection and removal services.
- Reconstruction of household sewage treatment plants in the settlement of Rokytne.
- Reconstruction of household sewage treatment plants in the settlement of Tomashgorod.
- Cleaning of water bodies and arrangement of local beaches in community population centres.
- Reconstruction of the waterworks site and installation of a de-ironing system in the settlement of Tomashgorod.
- Reconstruction of the waterworks site and installation of a de-ironing system in the settlement of Rokytne.
- Overhaul of the water supply network in the settlement of Rokytne.
- Restoration of green spaces in community population centres, arrangement of park zones.
- Construction, reconstruction and cleaning of storm sewers in the settlement of Rokytne.
- Arrangement and reconstruction of street lighting using energy-saving technologies.
- Facilitation of the development of farming in the rural areas.
List of Sources
- Rokytne community website
- Facebook page
- Development strategy of the Rokytne settlement territorial community until 2027